Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas of excess


Another year has gone by, and as we pick over the left over turkey and stuffing, everyone heaves a little sigh.... christmas has flown by us in a flash once again, and we can all rest easy until next december , till the chaos starts again.


this christmas for me... was like any other I have ever had in my life... and I hope and pray its not the last of its kind. Though , I must admit driving in a middle of a blizzard was not my idea of a good time.... (if you want to know... I drive that magnificent car above... a 94 dodge shadow to be exact... shes a fuckin champ)...it definitely proved to be satisfactory


The reasonm why I enjoyed christmas so much?.. it was the very first Christmas... I didn't spend it alone. its the very first christmas ... I had someone.


I know... it doesnt seem like such an amazing feat, to have someone during the holidays but let me explain , I was the sibling that people thhought would never find love, never get married, and never ever find "the one".
and what did we do? that was so magnificent? absolutely fuckin nothing...
we have spent our entire boxing day, sitting on our futon and watch ed the top chef season 2 for the last 7 hours.... (p.s. so freakin glad marcel didnt win... what an ass) we drank way too much wine, and just was the laziest people in the world (tho in our own defense due to the blizzard it was hard to go anywhere) it was absolutely perfect.... blissful even


So even though I'm not married, and even though I have no control in what happens in the future..... I am so content in my present state... that I kind of dont care. because its worth it to have this for however long I'm blessed ...... its worth it. whatever comes... I hope I have more days like this .


2 comments:

Kay said...

I so relate to this! got to spend xmas with an amazing guy...how did i get so lucky? the girl who swears off relationships! i guess at some point, we just say "screw it!" and choose to be happy...like everyone else :) Hope your New Year is just as fabulous

hellbent on life said...

its true . I was that girl too.... it only took me 7 years to see what was there r ight under my noise lol...