Tuesday, September 1, 2009

today I took my mom out for dinner for her 30th wedding anniversary since my dad was out of town.

and it made me realized how blessed i am that my parents are still together. my parents are in a minority group of people . Over half of all couples that get married end up in divorce, thankfully I was not an offspring of these broken homes

I could never pick one parent over the other, thats impossible both my parents bring such positives to the marriage and family as well as cons, that they are equally important.

my mom is the anchor we all depend on her to keep the family together, to be our finiancial advisor extrodinaire. our mom is the one that you tell your secrets too. and then she proceeds to keep them from my father, in her little vault of a heart

my father, is a giver. he is the one us children depend on if we need a little help with something. 20 bucks here, loaning of the truck there. my father bought us kids used cars for christmas, instead of a brand new one for himself. he is the strongest man i have ever known. and he is selfless.

both my parents have given everything for their family, my dad and mother both worked two jobs each for most of our childhoods. to provide a life for us. we moved 6 times in my 22 years of life, so that we could have a little more money in our pockets. both of my parents are two halves a great team. thats what makes a marriage work

loves important sure, but its the commitment involved. its also the compatibility of those two people, and how they work together. they also need to be best friends, and trust each other. \

thats how a marriage work. trust and constant communication.

my parents are a living example of that. of that struggle.

yup, i thank god every day that I'm not a statistic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What I can say is that the two of us belong to those lucky ones with happily married parents. My dad and mom are almost inseparable. Wherever she goes, he goes; and vice versa. I pray that I do the same with my hubby. :)

Ashley Kay said...

Well I can't speak for myself as my parents are divorced. They weren't right for each other to begin with but they were too young to understand that when they had me (my mom was 17 and my dad 20).

However, they're a strong foundation of what I don't want to be. I look forward to start my own family and learn from their mistakes.

Nice of you for taking your mom out!